“The first quarter of 2023 saw the trends that Resurs reversed in the fourth quarter of 2022 continued in a positive direction. Operating income increased and the NBI margin was stable year-on-year. At the same time, we could state that credit losses increased as a result of lower payment ability at the start of the quarter, while in the autumn and winter we tightened our credit lending conditions to ensure a high level of quality in our new lending. There is a high level of activity in our business segments and we are capturing market shares. During the first quarter, we also entered into partnerships with a number of interesting partners and launched the first external release in the replacement of our banking system.” Nils Carlsson, CEO Resurs Holding AB
1 January–31 March 2023*
- Lending to the public rose 10% to SEK 37,469 million, up 8% in constant currencies.
- Operating income increased 11% to SEK 853 million.
- C/I before credit losses improved to 41.1% (43.0%).
- Profit before credit losses increased 15% to SEK 502 million (436).
- The credit loss ratio increased to 3.0% (2.1%).
- Operating profit fell 16% to SEK 217 million due to the higher credit loss ratio.
- Earnings per share declined 17% to SEK 0.83 (1.00).
* Certain performance measures provided in this section have not been prepared in accordance with IFRS or the capital adequacy rules, meaning that they are alternative performance measures. Calculations and reconciliation against information in the financial statements of these performance measures are provided on the website under “Financial reports.” Definitions of performance measures are provided on the website under “Financial data.”
A web-cast telephone conference will be held on April 26th at 11:00 CEST, where Resurs’s CEO Nils Carlsson and interim CFO & Head of IR Stefan Noderén will present the report. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session. The presentation will be held in Swedish but will be translated into English and can be followed on the web, or over the phone. If you wish to participate via the telephone conference, please register on the link below. After registration you will be provided with phone numbers and a conference ID to access the conference. You can ask questions directly in the telephone conference. https://conference.financialhearings.com/teleconference/?id=5008844 If you wish to participate via webcast, please use the link below. Via the webcast you can ask written questions: